- Snack time- I love food. Having a scheduled time to eat a sometimes very unhealthy snack is the best! Basically, I just don’t want to be judged for my food choices or feel like I have to defend myself with them.
- Not making my own decisions- As a child you are told exactly what to do, when and how to do it. I have never been a decisive person and I truly miss having someone boss me around. That being said, I don’t take orders well. I am such a hypocrite, I know. But seriously, if someone merely suggested to me how often I should *actually* do things like clean the bathtub, that would be awesome.
- Nap time- I never napped during nap time. And even now, I would prefer a caffeine infusion to a nap when I’m tired. Nap time was the best because everybody left you alone. To be honest, I feel a little badly for all the kids who did nap. For they never felt the joy and just lying there with yourself and achieving total peace in a room full of people.
- Being brutally honest- Kids can say whatever they want, whenever they want, sometimes get publicly told that it was wrong, always be completely confident and not at all sorry about what they said. I just want to tell that girl down the hall that she’s loud and annoying and everybody wants her to go away, but I can’t because I am an adult and I must play nice.
- Energy- I think I am a highly energetic person. However, if I had the energy now that I had as a child I could get so much done it’s unfathomable. I want that back. I want to be wide awake at 2 PM without the help of caffeine and working at super speed, etc. I actually have hope that I will figure this out one day, but we’ll see.