- Black holes- But apparently science was not completely correct about that. Look at that majestic black hole ejecting matter (Read more). We might need some renaming here if this keeps up. That’s alright though because if science was not constantly improved and/or disproved I would be out of a job. I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of black holes so it seems a fitting way to start this list of things that suck, but actually do not suck. Because, what fun would it be to ruminate in things that suck? Therapeutic maybe, but no fun.
- Waking up from a really good dream- The only thing worse than being roused in the middle of a good dream is forgetting details later. I don’t know if that happens to you but I can’t stand it. The other night, I had a dream, not my favorite dream in the least, but I can literally only remember one detail and it is haunting. Imagine if that was a good dream and I couldn’t remember all the other good things. I guess I’ll just setting for living in the present. I like the present, everything is real, it can be felt, and it changes. I love watching my world change. I get past sadness and I get to ride the wave of happiness at my own pace. In dreams, my subconscious decides that all for me and it makes no sense.
- Leeches- If nothing else about the 21st century makes you happy, the lack of bloodletting should help. Seriously, how gross is that? I don’t care how much of a bad rep anticoagulants like Heparin and Warfarin get, I know the mechanism, I’ll take the risk over a leech any day. Also, did you know they could go SIX MONTHS between meals? You would think that little critters that starved would never let go. I can barely go 6 minutes without thinking about food. But seriously, look at them! (Dramatic narration included; my compliment to Animal Planet) Watch Here
- Vacuum cleaners- Yes, another literal addition to my list. But, of course these can backfire on you. This, arguably, sucks more. Is there anything worse than being in the middle of a long day of cleaning (aside from the fact that you are in the middle of a long day of cleaning) and your vacuum starts spewing dirt and dust and who knows what back onto your carpet? One job Mr. Vacuum, I gave you one job, and you failed me. I’ll just go replace you with one of those fancy Dyson’s I can’t actually afford. I bet a Dyson would never hurt me.
- Soup Slurping- First of all, it’s ineffective. Second, you’re annoying everybody around you. Third, just don’t do it. Use your energy to effectively eat your soup. Or talk to the person sitting across the table from your without disgusting them. These are good things, being effective in daily tasks, talking to people around us. Engaging in our world of scientific discoveries, subconscious desires, modern medicine, and technology is great! There are so many amazing things around us, hidden in their world of suckers and outside.